NEW YORK — At a global employee event today, Weight Watchers International, Inc. is announcing bold initiatives to expand Weight Watchers’ impact as a technology experience company and align the business with consumer expectations of wellness and healthy living.
Weight Watchers is announcing three-year goals to measure the Company’s progress. By the end of 2020, Weight Watchers aims to:
- Strengthen our reputation: Be known for bringing wellness to all by diversifying our reach across ages, genders, ethnicities, lifestyle stages, geographic locations, and income;
- Better define and grow the Weight Watchers impact: Help 10 million people adopt healthy habits, with 5 million people in the Weight Watchers program and an additional 5 million people engaging through other Weight Watchers experiences and content; and
- Expand the Weight Watchers business: Increase revenue to more than $2 billion, driven primarily by new member growth and improved retention, while increasing profit at a faster rate than revenue.
Weight Watchers plans to implement a number of initiatives to ensure its brand aligns with its values and purpose. These bold moves include the following initial actions.
- The removal of all artificial ingredients from products that carry the Weight Watchers brand.
- Weight Watchers intends to be a powerful partner for families in establishing healthy habits. During the summer of 2018, Weight Watchers will offer free memberships to teenagers aged 13 to 17, helping the development of healthy habits at a critical life stage.
“Weight Watchers positively impacts the lives of millions, including my own. I am inspired to be part of this purpose-driven mission as we deepen and expand our connection to communities, making wellness accessible to everyone,” said Oprah Winfrey.
Weight Watchers will release its fourth quarter and full year 2017 results on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 and will host a conference call at 5:00 p.m. ET on which management will elaborate on the Company’s strategic vision and three-year goals, in addition to discussing the financial results.
The Company is hosting a video webcast of today’s 10:00 a.m. ET presentation. A replay of the webcast will be available on the Company’s corporate website, www.weightwatchersinternational.com for at least 90 days.
About Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Weight Watchers provides commercial weight management services through a global network of Company-owned and franchise operations and offers innovative, digital products through its websites, mobile sites and apps. These services and products help millions of people around the world adopt healthy habits and lose weight through sensible and sustainable food plans, activity, behavior modification and group support. Weight Watchers has an unparalleled network of service providers to assist members on their wellness journey and also offers a wide range of products, publications and programs for those interested in healthier living.
SOURCE Weight Watchers International, Inc.