MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee announced new details today about Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon, including a map of dozens of entertaining attractions that will take place at Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis, the site of a massive 10-day fan festival that is free and open to the public.
Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon will open daily starting on Friday, January 26 at 4:00PM through gameday on Sunday, February 4. The event — free and open to the public – will feature something for everyone to enjoy. The free, 10-day festival will include food, fun, and more, with nods to winter that showcase Minnesota’s authentic, Bold North brand.
New entertainment that was announced today includes the Hyundai Ice Rink for Super Bowl visitors to strap on some skates, Doritos Blaze Lounge, which includes fire pits by Heat and GLo, and “Super Bowl 360” – an IMAX-style fan dome for fans to experience football like never before. As previously announced, fans will also see larger-than-life ice sculptures, national broadcast sets, and the Verizon Up Stage at Ice Mountain, where Minnesota music legends Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis have signed on to serve as Minnesota Music Ambassadors and curate a concert series that showcases the Minnesota Sound, with renowned local and national acts.
The Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee has released a map that includes more than two dozen attractions to help visitors navigate the fan festival. Stay tuned for the release of the Super Bowl LII – Fan Mobile Pass app, where Super Bowl LII visitors can download this map and others, receive access to exciting Super Bowl week events and gameday information, and enjoy the opportunity to pre-order NFL gear and skip the lines. Visit NFL.com/SBApp to download. Follow @SuperBowl and tag your posts and photos with #SBLII.
“Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon is our opportunity to showcase the best of Minnesota,” said Maureen Bausch, CEO of the MNSBHC. “From our Minnesota Sound and outdoor winter sports to our creative cuisine and nightlife, Nicollet Mall will be a shining example of our Bold North lifestyle. With a northern city hosting the Super Bowl, we are leaning into what makes Minnesota unique. We created Super Bowl LIVE to intentionally invite our visitors to spend time outdoors and enjoy an unforgettable and quintessential Minnesota experience.”
More exciting announcements will come as the countdown to Super Bowl LII continues, including additional artists added to the concert series and an announcement about the “Bold North Menu” of food that will be available at Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon.
Fans can stay tuned to our Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon website for updates.
- Hyundai Ice Rink: Hyundai is providing fans with an exciting ice skating experience at Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon. Attendees will have the ability to strap on skates and take to the ice for free (30 minutes) during Super Bowl Live’s hours of operation. Simply fill out a Hyundai survey using your Fish game day mobile pass to gain access to the rink. Hyundai’s guests will also have the opportunity to capture their ice rink moment forever with a surprise photo opportunity.
- Super Bowl 360: Take a seat inside a 40-foot football dome and get inside the game with an immersive 360 degree Super Bowl movie experience!
- Polaris UpsideDowntown: Watch professional snowmobile athlete Levi LaVallee and many other snowmobile superstars put the “Bold” in Bold North at the Polaris UpsideDowntown on February 3, 2018 from 10AM – 10PM. Polaris UpsideDowntown will include snowmobile stunts, meet and greets with snow athletes, giveaways and other outdoor fun in the Bold North. The snowmobile stunt show will take place at 1:30PM, finishing with Levi Lavelle signature backflip jump over Nicollet Mall at 11th Street.
- Vikings Longhouse: The Vikings Voyage invites all fans to stop by and find out what makes the Minnesota Vikings who we are and why we represent the Bold North so well. Take a virtual trip through U.S. Bank Stadium and experience what it’s like to be on the field during a Vikings pre-game. iHeart media will also have a unique photo opportunity for anyone that visits the Vikings Voyage.
- Delta Grill: The Delta Celebration Grill is built to resemble an aircraft. Its wingspan measures more than 20 feet across, the fuselage grilling chamber is 38 feet long and nearly 15 feet high at the tip of its tail. Fired up, it can make approximately 500 burgers an hour.
- Be the Match Interactive Zone: Attendees will experience what it means to literally save a life at the Be The Match Interactive Zone, featuring special guests, games and giveaways.
- Target Bullseye Lodge: Target Corporation is opening its Target Plaza Commons space – located across the street from its headquarters – to the public for the first time, inviting fans and families inside to warm up, enjoy free hot cocoa with personalized marshmallows and participate in a variety of Minnesota– and football-themed activities. Guests will have an opportunity to have their own end zone dance projected on the iconic Target Plaza lights display, play life-sized bubble hockey and other games, and purchase limited-edition Askov Finlayson for Target products and other merchandise.
- U.S. Bank Possibilities Lounge: U.S. Bank will be taking over McCormick & Schmick’s restaurant on the corner of Ninth Street and Nicollet Mall to create a Possibilities Lounge. The activation will be open to the public Jan. 31-Feb. 4 and is free. Inside the U.S. Bank Possibilities Lounge, fans will embark on a “virtual payment demo” using contactless transactions earning and paying with virtual currency. All of this in partnership with Visa®, Zelle and Diebold Nixdorf. Fans will even have an opportunity to show off their best touchdown dance to contribute towards U.S. Bank’s donation to three local nonprofit organizations supporting U.S. Bank’s Future Leaders community initiative.
- Doritos Blaze Lounge: Doritos® invites you to the Doritos® Blaze™ Lounge to escape the cold and heat up with Doritos® Blaze™, a bold new flavor that brings the heat.
- Verizon Up Fan Zone: At the Verizon Up Fan Zone, fans will have the opportunity to engage with us and enroll in Verizon Up, our rewards program, for a chance to win amazing rewards. Within our Member’s Lounge, we’ll host Verizon Up members in a warm space with exclusive access to NFL talent, VIP hospitality and a premium viewing space for activity on the Verizon Up Stage.
- Larger than Life Ice Sculptures: Visitors can strike their Bold North pose at larger than life ice sculptures that capture Minnesota’s unique Super Bowl experience.
- Andersen Windows and KARE 11 Broadcast and Warming House: The KARE 11 Andersen Windows & Doors ‘Warming House’ is a stunning custom built Modern North Woods Style display. Providing a space to warm up by the fireplace, engage with the photo mosaic photo wall, meet local and national NBC talent, enjoy the downtown views and experience the spectacular indoor Northern Lights display. KARE 11 will also broadcast more than 55 live newscasts from the Warming House studio.
- Xcel Energy and Vestas: Powering the Clean Energy Future: The Xcel Energy and Vestas activation is a showcase of renewable energy, full of family activities. Get an up-close look at a wind turbine blade, visit our energy-efficient Tiny House, play a bag toss game, and help us light up the Bold North by putting a few glowing pegs in the Xcel Energy Light Board!
- Bold North Zip Line Headquarters: The Bold North Zip Line gives Super Bowl visitors a chance to soar across the Mississippi River suspended 100 feet in the air. Those who purchased tickets will meet at the Bold North Zip Line Headquarters and be transported by Polaris Rangers to the launch tower on Nicollet Island. There will be no tickets available for purchase on-site. For more information visit boldnorthzipline.com.
- Schwan’s Two Minute Drill: Schwan’s is delivering big smiles for the big game by combining fans’ love of football, food and fun. Fans can compete head-to-head for a chance to win great prizes with Schwan’s Tailgate Trivia, an interactive video game displayed on a tower of stacked Schwan’s delivery trucks standing more than 40 feet high. Fans can also make their own digital bobblehead and enjoy delicious food during Schwan’s Two Minute Drill surprise sampling moments throughout the ten days of Super Bowl LIVE.
- Tostitos Cantina: Tostitos®, the Official Chip and Dip of the NFL, invites you to experience the Tostitos Cantina. Inside you can catch live interviews with current NFL players and legends, create the ultimate digital Super Bowl party invitation and have a chance to win great prizes!
- Hormel Foods Operation Gratitude: Say “thank you” to our active duty servicemen and servicewomen and help Hormel Foods and Operation Gratitude reach its goal of sending 52,000 letters to our troops. Use our kiosks, tablets or postcards to write a letter and we’ll include them in care packages sent directly to active duty service members.
- Hallmark Channel Kitten Bowl: Hallmark Channel opens its stadium doors to KITTEN BOWL, the most beloved pet adoption event of the year. Two teams of tiny kittens will meet on the gridiron focused on winning the ultimate trophy – adoption into a loving, forever home! This year’s event features players from local Minnesota shelters, including some kittens who were rescued from hurricane-ravaged Houston and South Florida and brought to Minnesota to be adopted.
- Bridgestone Elite Performance Center: Get into the action at the Bridgestone Elite Performance Center. Dive into our foam-pit to make a game-winning catch, test your arm by making three passes in a row at Tic-Tac-Tire, challenge your friends to a game of EA Sports Madden NFL 18, and capture a digital keepsake with a unique photo experience. Fans will also have the opportunity to catch a pass from current NFL players and NFL legends during multiple sessions throughout the week leading up to Super Bowl LII.
- Sleep Number: Sleep affects performance in every aspect of our lives. The Sleep Number interactive fan experience will use technology (including virtual reality) to show the link between quality sleep and improved performance. The high-tech activation will also feature an immersive “ride on a bed,” contests and giveaways.
- Prince Pop-up Exhibit: Experience an exclusive installation in tribute to Prince at Super Bowl LIVE. Featuring rare artifacts and wardrobe officially on loan from Prince’s Paisley Park Archives, exhibit will showcase celebrated moments in the music icon’s illustrious career. In addition to exclusive artifacts direct from Paisley Park, visitors to the exhibit will find a variety of Prince and Paisley Park themed merchandise for sale.
Verizon Up Stage: Dozens of other national and local Minnesota artists will perform free music daily at Verizon Up Stage at Ice Mountain on Nicollet Mall at 8th Street on Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon. Highlights include an evening of music honoring Prince on Monday, January 29. ‘Prince Night’ performers include The Revolution, Sheila E. and Morris Day and the Time and other artists with professional ties to late Minnesota-born icon. Other performers include Idina Menzel, Soul Asylum, Dessa, Bob Mould, Esera Tuaolo and Mint Condition. View the full schedule of announced performers at mnsuperbowl.com/sblive
ESPN Broadcast: ESPN will broadcast live from Crystal Court at the IDS Center.
NBC Broadcast: NBC will broadcast live from Nicollet and 9th Street.
CNN Broadcast: CNN will broadcast live from The Dayton’s Project on the first floor.
NFL Network Broadcast: NFL Network will broadcast live from Nicollet and 11th Street.
NFL Shop at Super Bowl Presented by VISA: Official Super Bowl LII merchandise.
FOOD Truck/Concessions: Guests at Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon will have an opportunity to get a taste of the Bold North at multiple food truck and concession locations that emphasizes Minnesota fare. Trucks and stands will dot the route along Super Bowl LIVE – running Nicollet Mall from 6th to 12th Street, and inside the first floor of Dayton’s Project building.
Super Bowl LII Photo Ops: Super Bowl visitors can strike their Bold North pose at life size snow globes, warming benches, and many other exciting photo opportunities throughout Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon.
Built Ford Tough Sleigh Ride: At Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon, experience the Built Ford Tough Sleigh Ride. Sleighs pulled by Ford Trucks, the Official Truck of the NFL and Super Bowl LII, will take fans on complimentary sleigh rides through downtown Minneapolis. Fans can register for the free sleigh rides at the sleigh stops on 8th Street (at Marquette), and 12th street (at 2nd Avenue). The 8th street location will feature a lineup of Ford trucks and special appearances by NFL players and legends. At both locations fans can register for the Toughest Ticket Sweepstakes for a chance to win 2018 season tickets to their favorite team’s home games.
Projection Show: Nicollet Street comes to life with the largest projection mapping project in the history of the state of Minnesota. 6 different sophisticated light shows will change the landscape of Nicollet Mall at two different locations at Super Bowl LIVE Presented by Verizon. As a finale to each night at Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon, the projection on buildings and LED screens send the crowd off, encouraging them to enjoy the rest of their evening in Minneapolis.
American Birkebeiner International Bridge: The Bold North will be on full display at the American Birkebeiner International Bridge, spanning almost 200 feet over 9th Avenue on Nicollet Mall. Cross-country skiing, skijoring and fat tire bike racing are just a few of the activities that visitors can watch at the American Birkebeiner International Bridge where a full slate of Bold North fun will be programmed throughout the 10-day festival. And through a partnership with Loppet Foundation and the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation, the bridge will be used as part of the City of Lakes Loppet Festival.
For more information visit www.mnsuperbowl.com and follow @mnsuperbowl2018 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
SOURCE Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee