From the Spurs Silver Dancers:
The 2017-2018 Spurs Silver Dancer Auditions will be held on July 8th, 2017.
The Spurs Silver Dancers are a group of remarkable women who uphold a high standard of professionalism and top-quality entertainment on and off the basketball court. They also serve as ambassadors of the San Antonio Spurs organization, spreading our culture throughout the community. You could be the next member of this amazing team!
LOCATION- UIW Convocation Center
4301 Broadway St
San Antonio, TX 78209
First Round Audition Day 1- July 8th, 2017- Registration begins at 8:30am
- The first round will consist of 2 eliminations that will include across-the-floor technique, jazz choreography, and hip hop choreography.
- The first round is closed to all public.
- Audition Day 1 will close at 4:30pm.
Second Round Audition Day 2- July 9th, 2017- Arrival Time 9:00am
- The second round will consist of 1 elimination that will include the jazz and hip hop choreography from the previous day, and a freestyle/ solo audition. The freestyle/ solo audition will consist of 6-8 eight counts of your own freestyle/ and or choreography highlighting your strengths. Music will be provided.
- A maximum of 30 finalists will advance past this day.
- Audition Day 2 will close at 4:45pm.
Finalist Interviews- July 10th-July 12th
- Each Finalist will be interviewed by representatives of Spurs Sports & Entertainment.
- Each interview will last approximately 15 minutes and will be scheduled after audition day 2.
- Business casual attire is required.
- Each finalist will be judged on their impression, presence, maturity, and ability to commit to the schedule and position.
Finalist Training Camp- July 10th-12th
- Finalists will learn new choreography and review choreography learned from audition day 1.
- Fitness classes and assessments will be conducted.
- Dance technique will be assessed.
- Ability to work with others, work ethic, and attitude will be assessed.
- Finalists will prepare for final audition event.
Final Audition Event- July 15th- Luella Bennack Music Center
- Finalists have a final opportunity to prove why they should be a part of the 2017-2018 Spurs Silver Dancers, while performing in front of the judges, and the public.
- The 2017-2018 Spurs Silver Dancers will be announced live at this event!QUALIFICATIONS FOR AUDITIONS
No candidate may presently be affiliated with or be a representative of any other semi-professional or professional athletic franchise other than another Spurs Sports & Entertainment team (i.e. San Antonio Stars Star Squad, San Antonio Rampage Ice Girls, San Antonio Spurs Team Energy and/or Austin Spurs Capital City Dancers)
All candidates must be 18 years of age or older by August 1, 2017.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED.
All candidates will be asked to demonstrate dance, cheerleading, performance and speaking skills.
Candidates must be willing to devote a LARGE percentage of time to the Silver Dancer program, including team practices, all Spurs home games, community/charitable events and special projects in and around the San Antonio area.
Candidates must have reliable transportation and live in/close to the San Antonio area.
Candidates must demonstrate good moral character and be drug free.
MANDATORY AUDITION ATTIRE
(Participants who do not meet this requirement will not be considered)
Top: Sports Bra / Half Top
Shorts: Hot Shorts (NO capris or long pants allowed)
Tights: Sheer, Skin Colored
Shoes: Tennis Shoes / Dance Shoes (Minimal tread and non-marking soles)
Performance Hair and Makeup
Each applicant will need to turn in a head AND body shot along with their application
Both photos need to be a recent 5X7 photograph