Happy #WorkoutWednesday! Today’s guest article is by Co-Owner and Director of Fitness at Pure Movement Dance & Fitness, Dusty Solis. Dusty is a former University of North Texas Dancer and Dallas Vigilantes Dancer who currently competes professionally in International Latin Ballroom dancing. In addition to her dance background, Dusty holds many fitness certifications and awards. Check out her go-to exercise and interval workout:
“Health is Wealth” is a great phrase to live by at any age. That said, my go-to exercise to keep me healthy year round is the dreaded “burpee!” It’s the ultimate exercise that works your arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and abs – not to mention it revs up your metabolism to get your body slim, trim, toned, tightened, and conditioned for every season.
Whether you’re in audition season, pro dance/cheer season, off season, or just looking to stay healthy, everyone can benefit from burpees!! Just follow these simple steps:
- Stand up straight hip length apart, then get into a squat position with your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back into a push up position and immediately drop your chest to the ground.
- Return back to push up position, then return your feet back to the squat position as fast as possible.
- Immediately jump up into the air as high as you can (And add a little clap for pizzazz at the end!)
Here’s my favorite express burpee interval workout that tones and tightens FAST:
- 2 minute jog/run to your favorite upbeat jam
- 20 burpees
- Repeat 5 times and your body is a mega burning calorie machine in less than 30 minutes!
Keep in mind that you can you do a million burpees, but proper nutrition is essential to achieve maximum results and benefits from the amazing and oh-so-wonderful exercise!!
Also, if you are ever in the Allen area, come get your burpee on with me or take a class with our nationally certified fitness/dance professionals. You are never too *insert excuse here* to get up and move so Join the Movement today!